Set the stage and prepare to roll back the curtain - the Angus Ambassador Awards 2013 are here!
The Angus Ambassador Awards, run by Angus Council through their ‘Angus Ahead’ programme, is a much celebrated and well established event to recognise the outstanding individuals and organisations of Angus.
The winning organisations or people are admired and recognised for inspiring and motivating fellow Angus business people to aim for the highest of business standards and be the best that we can be.
This year’s prestigious ceremony will be hosted by none other than the Provost of Angus, Helen Oswald, officially recognising a diverse range of local organisations and individuals as Angus Ambassadors for 2013.
Award categories this year include:
• the Entrepreneurial Angus Award, which we at Enterprise North East Trust, are delighted to sponsor; this recognises..
• the Angus Ambassador of the Year Award, which recognises individual contributions to the area,
• the Youth Ambassador Award, which rewards the outstanding work of the young people of Angus.
Further categories also include
• the Community Ambassador Award, rewarding individuals or organisations who have significantly contributed to the local community
• the Cultural Ambassador Award, recognises efforts made to strengthen Angus’ culture and identity
• the International Ambassador Award, recognising organisations or individuals who have positively represented Angus on the world stage; and
• the Tourism Ambassador Award, acknowledging those who have driven Angus’ tourism sector forward.
Last Year’s 2012 Angus Ambassador Award winners represented a diverse range of businesses and sectors, including Piperdam Golf & Leisure Resort, Carnoustie Gala Committee, DD8 Music, J&D Wilkie Ltd, Brucefield B&B and 21 year old bag piper Glenn Ross.
The Provost of Angus, Helen Oswald, Host of the Angus Ambassador awards ceremony said:
“I am so impressed by the talent I’ve seen in Angus and the inspiring individuals who I have met through the Angus Ambassador Awards. Often their work goes unnoticed, but it’s important to shout about it so that everyone can appreciate their efforts. Apply now and get the recognition you deserve.”
Andrew Burnett, Director for Enterprise North East Trust’s Business Gateway services adds:
”The Ambassador Awards are a showcase for the best that Angus as a region has to offer. The evening itself recognises the sterling work done by individuals, groups and businesses and I would encourage those with an interest in the region to consider nomination, application or attendance.”
These awards are about recognition, so you can apply yourself or nominate another worthy party such as a colleague, family member, a community group, your employer or a charity you support.
If you are interested in applying, but are unsure what the judges look for, here are a few pointers provided by Angus Council, :
• Provide detailed information on the level of success and achievement the individual or organisation has had in 2012 to 2013
• Outline the impact (on who or what) of the achievement
• Provide evidence to illustrate the success achieved – please include the ability to overcome problems
• Outline how the achievements have reached audiences here and abroad
• Display the future potential of the organisation or individual
• Show the benefits of the success to the local community or economy
• Outline how success has helped to build Angus' reputation as a destination to live, work or visit.
The judging panel will feature the Provost of Angus and the Leader of Angus Council, along with representatives of local businesses, community organisations, and former award winners.
The awards are open to entries until Tuesday the 17th of September 2013, and are looking for your inspiring organisations or individuals. If you would like to find out more information, or complete a simple application for yourself, your organisation or a nominated party, please click here: www.angusahead.com/awards.
Best of luck to all entries to the Angus Ambassador Awards for 2013 from all of the team here at Enterprise and Business Gateway, if you would like to discuss your Awards application with somebody objective and impartial, give your local Business Gateway Adviser a call on 01382 443 400
Back to blog