Business Spotlight – Grange Design
For this week’s feature, we introduce a business that loves to make your business look good!
Grange Design, owned by Gavin Donald, is a graphic design and visual branding organisation with a difference. Grange Design blends creative and technical design, injecting the latest technologies to make their work, and your visual business requirements really stand out.
Offering a wide variety of services including graphic and web design, branding, 3d animation and 3d visualization, all of which pride themselves on attention to detail and maintaining the highest quality throughout.
To find out more, we asked Gavin a few questions:
Business owner: Gavin Donald
Date business started: 09/05/15
Business tel: 01224 743660
Business address: 181 Queens Road, Aberdeen, AB15 8BS
1. What did you do before you started your business?
I have worked in the oil & gas industry as a designer in various capacities since graduating in 2007.
2. What drew you towards your field of business?
I’ve also been equally creative and technically minded and this is what I’m keen to demonstrate in the work I do for my clients.
3. What hurdles and challenges have you faced in getting to the stage you are currently at?
Working full-time while starting my own business as well as trying to be a good husband and Dad all at the same time!
4. How has Elevator and Business Gateway helped you and your business on its journey?
They have advised me on subjects such as market research, finance and PR. I’ve also attended some evening workshops, which have been very helpful.
5. Since starting your business, if you could have done one thing differently, what would that be?
I would’ve started a long time ago, when I was younger and had less financial responsibilities. Hindsight is a great thing but I feel the added experience I now have is very valuable.
6. What aspect of your business have you taken the most pride in since you started?
I’m really proud of developing my own website and brand. I’m hoping it will attract more clients for me. I’ve was also accepted onto the Elevator Challenge 2016 in June so that was a fantastic experience.
7. Do you have any entertaining stories or experiences since starting your business, unexpected events, or interesting developments?
My home office is shared with my 5 year old sons’ lego inventions and often my desk is covered with lego men and other bits and pieces. When I was designing my own promotional leaflets I decided to put the lego men to use and took photos of them to use on the front cover and portray my message.
8. Has the business recently secured significant orders, expanded its premises, taken on new staff, received funding, produced something unique, increased exports, etc.?
We have just recently re-designed the website which contains more useful information on our services. I am also actively looking to help other start-ups in the area by creating brands and websites that offer great value for money Check out the website for more information: www.grange-design.com.
9. What do you love about running your business? Or the sector you work in?
What I love the most is the freedom of being my own boss and prioritising my life the way I want. As a family man I like to be able to balance hard work with a lot of fun.
10. What plans do you have for the future of your business?
I plan to grow the business in Aberdeen by employing talented designers and opening an office/studio. I then have ambitions to expand beyond Aberdeen into other parts of the country.
--------------- --------------- --------------- --------------- ---------------
From a wide range of free workshops, through to supporting you every step of your journey, Elevator & Business Gateway can help you launch your business or service with confidence.
Contact your local office now to find out more:
Perth: 01738 448310, Pippa@ElevatorUK.com
Dundee: 01382 443400, Margaret@ElevatorUK.com
Aberdeen City & Shire: 01224 289700, Amanda@ElevatorUK.com
Back to blog