Entrepreneur of the Year
Sponsored by RBS:
This award will be presented to a world-class business leader who has made an outstanding contribution to their company, industry sector and the wider economy. This individual will be a role model for leadership and have a strong record of entrepreneurial success. This person will be inducted into the Elevator Awards ‘Hall of Fame’, joining other local visionaries in leadership. This award recognises an entrepreneur of vision and leadership in the establishment and development of an owner-led business.
Applications can be made either by the entrepreneur themselves or by someone who would like to see the efforts of the entrepreneur recognised and celebrated. Please note that there will not be finalists for this award - a winner will be selected and awarded at the Elevator Awards.
Q1: Name of individual and their business/businesses:
Q2. Does this person possess the following characteristics in their business life? Please give examples (Maximum Word Count – 2,000 words):
- Entrepreneurial Acumen: high standards, risk taking, overcoming obstacles, tenacity and perseverance
- Innovation: pioneering new business approaches, ability to adapt, research and development
- Strategic direction: vision, goals for future growth, measuring progress
- Leading and building teams: employing and developing world-beating teams, sound business culture and leadership qualities
- Financial performance: proﬁtability, long-term sustainability, investment
- Individual and/or corporate social responsibility: values, approach to relationships, involvement in the wider community, supporting others.