DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR ELEVATOR AWARDS 2016
Chairman of Scottish Enterprise encourages businesses to apply for Elevator Awards
The deadline for entries for the high profile Elevator Awards 2016 has been extended by one week (until March 18) to encourage more entrepreneurs and businesses to apply.
The Awards have 10 categories and aim to commend business excellence, entrepreneurial behaviour and outstanding community contributions made by top businesses in Aberdeen City and Shire.
Winners at last year’s awards included up and coming businesses, innovative organisations and firms from a range of sectors including energy, technology, hospitality, beauty and property.
More than 100 companies have already registered and Professor Gary McEwan, Elevator UK’s Chief Executive, urged businesses to get their applications in as soon as possible to be in with a chance of winning one of the coveted awards.
“We have taken the decision to move the deadline because we want to give those working on their entries a little extra time to perfect them, and those who thought they might have missed their opportunity an extra week to submit,” he said.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for local businesses and entrepreneurs to showcase what they can do for the local community and now, more than ever, it is vital to raise the profile of your organisation.”
Bob Keiller, the Chairman of Scottish Enterprise, which is sponsoring the Grampian Award for Innovation category, believes the Awards will help promote innovative products and services in what is currently a very challenging time for the local business community.
"These awards are a great way to showcase innovative and ambitious businesses, to celebrate their successes and inspire them to even greater achievements."
The Royal Bank of Scotland is the principal partner and sponsor of the awards. Russell Whyte, director, Corporate and Commercial Banking in Aberdeen, said: “The Royal Bank of Scotland is delighted once again to support the Elevator Awards.
“Enterprise and entrepreneurship are crucial to Scotland’s economy and as a bank we are keen supporters of innovative individuals and businesses which are pushing boundaries in their sectors.
“We are sure this year’s competition will showcase some of the great talent that the North East of Scotland has to offer.”
Applications are open online at www.elevatorawards.com with a closing date of 5pm on Friday 18th March 2016.
The black tie awards ceremony will be held at the Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel on Thursday 30th of June 2016.
If you have any queries about the Elevator Awards 2016 - please call Michelle Barclay on 01224 289745 or 07834229350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know about Elevator?
- Elevator works across Grampian and Tayside to help facilitate the start-up and growth of new and existing businesses.
- Delivering Business Gateway, Elevator currently engages with 2,500 start-up businesses and assists around 1,000 organisations to growth annually with advisory support.
- With the launch of the centre for entrepreneurship, Elevator aims to support an additional 200 start-ups per year through stimulating interests in launching and growing businesses, as well as welcoming global talent onto the Elevator Programme accelerating businesses.
- Elevator supports the entrepreneurs, business leaders and employees of today and tomorrow by providing expert business advice, teaching entrepreneurship and enterprising behaviour.
- Elevator UK, The Hub, Aberdeen Energy Park, Exploration Drive, Aberdeen, AB23 8GX.
Back to blog